Essential Oils A-Z
- Emmenagogue Provokes menstruation – useful for clients suffering from absence of periods, but contraindicated for pregnant women
- Rubefacient Warms and reddens the area of application
- Carminative Helps prevent flatulence
- Relaxing Has a relaxing effect on body and mind
- Tonic Invigorates or gives strength to a specific area or the whole body
- Diuretic Increases urine production
- Expectorant Helps fluidify, thus remove mucus from lungs and respiratory passages
- Astringent Contracts and tightens tissues, especially skin
- Antiseptic Prevents or removes infection
- Sedative Calms the nervous system
- Analgesic Painkilling effect
Skin ďż˝ rejuvenates mature skin by smoothing wrinkles and dry skin and balances oily skin; wound healing, astringent, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties making it ideal for treating cuts, scars, blemishes and inflammations. Nervous ďż˝ a comforting, warming and relaxing oil; use in a burner during meditation to help focus the mind; and good for stress and anxiety. Respiratory ďż˝ helps asthma, bronchitis, coughs, laryngitis; clears mucus and catarrh; calms breathing. Urinary ďż˝ eases symptoms of cystitis; a diuretic that promotes better kidney and liver function for hepatitis as it helps removes toxins from the body. Reproductive ďż˝ dysmenhorrhea (painful periods) and metrorrhagia (bleeding between periods).
Frankincence is a tree or shrub which grows in the Red Sea region and now also grows in Africa. The resin or gum is used and the oil is extracted by steam distillation.
A blend for massage for muscle aches and pains 5 drops of Frankincence 2 drops of Lavender 2 drops Peppermint In 30mls of Jojoba carrier oil
Wonderfully calming and richly fragrant, frankincense essential oil is highly valued for its medicinal properties. The Judaic, Christian and Islamic faiths have all used frankincense mixed with oils to anoint newborn infants, initiates and members entering into new phases of their spiritual lives.
There are no safety issues with regard to Frankincense Non toxic and non irritating but always recommended to do a skin patch test anyway - by applying a small amount to a patch on the inner arm and wait to see if there are any reactions within 24 hours.