- Help to soothe stressed and sore muscles
- Anti-dandruf Help to dissolves away dandruff from the scalp
- Anti-oxidant Prevent or delay some types of cell damage
- Immune-stimulant Stimulates the immune system
- Prophylactic Preventative of disease or infection
- Relaxing Has a relaxing effect on body and mind
- Anti-inflammatory Reduces inflammations
Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis
Helps strengthens nails and soften cuticles and it is one of the classic oils used to moisturize, nourish and soften dry or very dry skin. It is very popular as body oil due to its great spreadibility and a pleasant smell. In addition, it is used as cleansing oil in face treatments or added to face oils for extra moisturizing effects
It is a general practice in many Southeast Asian cultures to soak a few almonds in water overnight and drink the water and eat the softened almonds first thing in the morning. This is thought to increase brain power and improve memory. It is easy to see how these tasty nuts full of good fats, proteins, vitamins, and minerals benefit the brain, but thereďż˝s some definite evidence to show that almond oil can contribute to better overall neurologic function.
Sweet Almond has been used since antiquity around the mediterranean basin where the trees were first cultivated in and around 3000bc and still to this day it is a very popular choice.
Use caution when trying a new carrier oil especially if on the hair or skin. Those with nut allergies should consult their doctor before coming into contact with nut oils or butters. Do not take internally